Our work with the environment
Examples of what we’ve achieved:
- We have stopped using paper towels in the toilets and have fitted environmentally friendly electrical hand driers instead (which also provide a heating effect a greater part of the year).
- We have switched to environmentally friendly cleaning fluids and laundry detergent.
- We have replaced nearly all of our showers and water taps with low-flow models.
- We have negotiated with our suppliers and purchase environmentally sound goods and services whenever possible.
- We purchase eco-labelled electricity (wind power from Telge Energi).
- Our 44 newest rooms are fitted with central circuit breakers that are controlled by the rooms’ key-card. When no one is in the room, the electricity is switched off. This means that the TV and lighting are also switched off when they’re not being used.
- We use low-energy light bulbs wherever possible.
- We recycle worn-out sheets and towels and use them as cleaning cloths.
- We offer an eco-marked breakfast buffet.
- We have motion detectors in all of the toilets and cleaning rooms so that the lights won’t be left on.
- The corridors use an energy conservation mode during the night.
Measures currently underway:
- We are testing LEDs to see if they provide sufficient light. We hope to be able to replace all of the lighting in the corridors with 1–3-watt diodes. In February 2011 have we changed in the corridors with good results, we are now continuing the work in the guest rooms and dining rooms.
- Converting worn-out sheets and towels to cleaning cloths to a greater extent
- Training our staff in ecological cleaning techniques
- A wider range of eco-marked products for our breakfast buffet